Create a user id and password to log in, and use the enrollment key STUDENT-Discount-2016 to access the discount code.
Receive a FREE copy of the first Module of Abacus Learning Institute, Inc.'s 4/C Fundamentals Online Course.
This module covers Severity Models and includes:
- Severity Analysis Tools
- Common Severity Distributions
- Mixtures - Not Just for Severity
- Transforming Random Variables
- Policy Modifications
Log in and use the enrollment key 4CFund-First-Module-Free-2016 to access your Free copy today.
Abacus Learning Institute, Inc. presents Dr. Jim Daniel's 4C/MLC Study Notes.
Dr. Daniel occasionally releases Study Notes to help learners prepare for actuarial exams. This offer provides the user with a FREE copy of the notes.
Log in and use the enrollment key 4C-Study-Notes-2016 to access your free study notes. Please download the documents from our system. Your access will expire in one week from registering.
Study Notes included:
- "Poisson processes (and mixture distributions)", 14 pages originally intended as an alternative to the then SoA/CAS-required material on Poisson processes in the Probability Models textbook by Ross but now the required reading material for CAS 3L; two of those pages cover the concept of mixture distributions that come up throughout the Exam MLC/3L and C/4 syllabi.
- "Mixture distributions in Exams MLC/3L and C/4", 12 pages intended to explain how to compute with the mixture distributions that appear in Exam MLC/3L and especially in Exam C/4—including a simple way to compute with the kernel-smoothing or kernel-density method of Exam C/4.
- "(Common) Shock models in Exam MLC", 11 pages intended to explain a simple way to compute with shock models that makes them a special case of the more commonly tested material on joint independent lifetimes.
- "LogNormal stock-price models", 11 pages primarily intended to provide prerequisite background on these models that is covered in the new MFE/3F syllabus material and through May 2009 was covered on Exam C/4. While initially intended for those taking C/4 before through May 2009 without the MFE/3F background, it might still be helpful for MFE/3F students as well.
Abacus Learning Institute, Inc.'s Exam Prep material for 4/C covers important actuarial methods that are useful in modeling. These models go beyond those that are covered in Exam M.
Hosted by Dr. Jim Daniel. The course includes:
- Overview of Fundamentals
- Video Lessons, Ranging from under 5 Minutes to 40 Minutes Each, Covering all Syllabus Material
- Detailed Video Solutions to Practice Problems
- Study Material
- Instructor Support
- Excellent Customer Service
Abacus Learning Institute's Face-to-Face 4/C Seminar is a traditional exam-prep intensive seminar. It assumes that participants have already devoted appreciable time to studying the material and are familiar with most of it. The daily format is about 50% fast-paced lecture, 25% problem-solving demonstration, and 25% participants' working on problems with guidance from Dr. Daniel, for five days including a weekend. Seminars are usually scheduled four-to-eight weeks before the exam.
May 3 - 7, 2017 just outside Sacramento in Davis, CA for the June 2017 Exam.
August 9 - 13, 2017 just outside Sacramento in Davis, CA for the October 2017 Exam.
SEMINAR AND HOUSING RECOMMENDATIONS
Click Here for recommendations on housing.
Once purchased, the seminar schedule, location information (including available hotels and hotel discounts), practice problems, study notes and review tips are readily available to view.
Should you need additional time with your 4C Online Course, your subscription may easily be renewed. The cost of renewal is just $50 to cover the basic maintenance cost and the fee for the Learning Management System.
1. Free Complimentary Courses and College Credit Courses are not renewable.
2. You may only renew a subscription once.
3. The new subscription is valid for an additional 5 months.
4. Courses may only be renewed if less than 2 months has transpired since it's original expiration date.
Once the renewal is received, Abacus LI will renew your 4C Online Course.
Ready to restart your paused 4/C Online Course? To restart a previously paused 4/C Online Course, log in and use the enrollment key Continue-4C-Online-Course-2016. We will review your request and update your account.
Cost: FREE - Prior Payment of 4/C Online Course is required.
Should you need to temporarily pause your 4/C Online Course, we are happy to accommodate your needs. To pause your subscription:
1. Your subscription must be less than 3 months old.
2. You must supply a reason as to why you are pausing your subscription. (Dropped course, family emergency, etc.)
3. Your subscription will be paused on the date that you request this offering.
4. Your remaining time on the course will be on hold until you contact us to renew your course. Please note that we can only pause your course for 1 year from your original purchase date.
5. Complimentary Courses and College Credit Courses may not be paused.
There is no additional fee to renew your course. Simply select our offering to "Continue an Online 4/C Course" above to re-instate your 4/C Online Course.
Login and use the enrollment key Pause-4C-Online-Course-2016 to pause your Online Course.