Abacus Learning Institute, Inc. presents Dr. Jim Daniel's 4C/MLC Study Notes.
Dr. Daniel occasionally releases Study Notes to help learners prepare for actuarial exams. This offer provides the user with a FREE copy of the notes.
Log in and use the enrollment key 4C-Study-Notes-2016 to access your free study notes. Please download the documents from our system. Your access will expire in one week from registering.
Study Notes included:
- "Poisson processes (and mixture distributions)", 14 pages originally intended as an alternative to the then SoA/CAS-required material on Poisson processes in the Probability Models textbook by Ross but now the required reading material for CAS 3L; two of those pages cover the concept of mixture distributions that come up throughout the Exam MLC/3L and C/4 syllabi.
- "Mixture distributions in Exams MLC/3L and C/4", 12 pages intended to explain how to compute with the mixture distributions that appear in Exam MLC/3L and especially in Exam C/4—including a simple way to compute with the kernel-smoothing or kernel-density method of Exam C/4.
- "(Common) Shock models in Exam MLC", 11 pages intended to explain a simple way to compute with shock models that makes them a special case of the more commonly tested material on joint independent lifetimes.
- "LogNormal stock-price models", 11 pages primarily intended to provide prerequisite background on these models that is covered in the new MFE/3F syllabus material and through May 2009 was covered on Exam C/4. While initially intended for those taking C/4 before through May 2009 without the MFE/3F background, it might still be helpful for MFE/3F students as well.
Abacus Learning Institute, Inc.'s Exam Prep material for 4/C covers important actuarial methods that are useful in modeling. These models go beyond those that are covered in Exam M.
Hosted by Dr. Jim Daniel. The course includes:
- Overview of Fundamentals
- Video Lessons, Ranging from under 5 Minutes to 40 Minutes Each, Covering all Syllabus Material
- Detailed Video Solutions to Practice Problems
- Study Material
- Instructor Support
- Excellent Customer Service
USE ACCESS CODE: Free4C-2017