Abacus Learning Institute, Inc. presents Dr. Jim Daniel's 4C/MLC Study Notes.
Dr. Daniel occasionally releases Study Notes to help learners prepare for actuarial exams. This offer provides the user with a FREE copy of the notes.
Log in and use the enrollment key MLC-Study-Notes-2016 to access your free study notes. Please download the documents from our system. Your access will expire in one week from registering.
Study Notes included:
- "Poisson processes (and mixture distributions)", 14 pages originally intended as an alternative to the then SoA/CAS-required material on Poisson processes in the Probability Models textbook by Ross but now the required reading material for CAS 3L; two of those pages cover the concept of mixture distributions that come up throughout the Exam MLC/3L and C/4 syllabi.
- "Mixture distributions in Exams MLC/3L and C/4", 12 pages intended to explain how to compute with the mixture distributions that appear in Exam MLC/3L and especially in Exam C/4—including a simple way to compute with the kernel-smoothing or kernel-density method of Exam C/4.
- "(Common) Shock models in Exam MLC", 11 pages intended to explain a simple way to compute with shock models that makes them a special case of the more commonly tested material on joint independent lifetimes.
- "LogNormal stock-price models", 11 pages primarily intended to provide prerequisite background on these models that is covered in the new MFE/3F syllabus material and through May 2009 was covered on Exam C/4. While initially intended for those taking C/4 before through May 2009 without the MFE/3F background, it might still be helpful for MFE/3F students as well.
Abacus Learning Institute, Inc.'s MLC Online Course covers the theoretical basis of certain actuarial models and the application of those models to insurance and other financial risks.
Hosted by Dr. Steve Paris. The course includes:
- Video Lessons Covering all Syllabus Material
- Detailed Video Solutions to Practice Problems
- Computer Generated Quizzes Utilizing Past Exam Problems & Additional Problems Provided by Dr. Paris
- Study Material
- Instructor Support
- Excellent Customer Service
USE ACCESS CODE: FreeMLC-2017